In conjunction with the worsening epidemiological situation in the Czech Republic and ongoing preventive measures defined in category 5 of the PES anti-epidemic system, from 11 January to 22 January 2021 the regime at UP follows the current government measures listed in the actual official government decree. Adaptations to the PES anti-epidemic system table for schools (including universities) are listed here (in Czech).
These rules regarding classes at UP and the regime at the dormitories are currently in place:
- students are prohibited from physical attendance at classes,
- students are prohibited from physical attendance at exams with more than 10 persons present at any one time (exams up to 10 persons can be held in the presence, but rector of UP highly recommends and ask faculties and teachers to realize exams online wherever it is possible),
- the prohibition of students from physical attendance at classes does not apply to clinical or practical classes and internships for students studying general medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and other healthcare study programmes; nor to students doing their teacher training internships at nursery, primary, and secondary schools nor school facilities for performing institutional and protective education,
- individual consultations between one teacher and one student are allowed,
- Czech students are prohibited from residing in university dormitories including university facilities if they have another residence within the Czech Republic, with the exception of students who are attending classes mentioned in items 2 and 3. Foreign students can stay at dormitories without regard to their field of study. Details on UP dormitory rules can be found on the UP Accommodation and Dining webpage (in Czech).
As for the UP Library and its branches, it remains in force that from 21 December until further notice, the libraries are closed. However, as of 11 January 2021 borrowing books from the library is possible once again. Details and up-to-date information can be found on the UP Library webpage.
The Government of the Czech Republic in its resolution of 14 December 2020 made the decision to completely end the assigned work duty for students as of 16 December 2020.