Palacký University is organising and coordinating aid and support for students and employees from Ukraine who are finding themselves in existential situations due to the war. UP is also offering aid to students and academics at partner schools in Ukraine. The information below is a summary of actual developments, and will be regularly updated.
– A special webpage has been launched with important information and contacts: www.upol.cz/en/ukraine. RA link has been placed on the main UP webpage under the heading “Situation in the Ukraine”.
– A special telephone hotline (+420 736 676 006) has been put into operation for UP students and employees who are in need, as well as an e-mail link. The UP Volunteering Centre is coordinating all activities, and has already fielded several dozen calls and questions via e-mail, including offers for help. It is cooperating with the NGOs Caritas Czech Republic and People in Need.
– The International Relations Office is in constant contact with partner universities and is arranging the arrival of certain academics and students.
– A list of specific aid offers has been created. The Volunteering Centre has a list of psychologists, linguists, lawyers, law and psychology students, and even accommodation listings. It is offering help with crisis intervention, and psychological support in person and in online form.
– The UP Volunteering Centre is communicating with the Embassy of Ukraine in the Czech Republic.
– The university is creating a scholarship fund for extraordinary support to Ukrainian students who are already studying at UP, or will be arriving as part of international aid.
– UP Accommodation and Dining is preparing rooms for arriving families of UP students and academics.
– University management is in intense discussions with the Czech Ministry of Education and together they are searching for other forms of aid.
– The UP Rector has met with Ukrainian student representatives. He has offered help and informed them of the means of aid UP has at its disposal. You can find more details in this text (in Czech).